|Aims and Scope || > About > Aims and Scope
Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences (AJAS) aims to publish original and cutting-edge research results and reviews on animal-related aspects of the life sciences. Emphasis will be placed on studies involving farm animals such as cattle, buffaloes, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, and poultry. Studies for the improvement of human health using animal models may also be publishable.
AJAS will encompass all areas of animal production and fundamental aspects of animal sciences: breeding and genetics, reproduction and physiology, nutrition, meat and milk science, biotechnology, behavior, welfare, health, and livestock farming systems.
AJAS is subdivided into 10 sections.
- Animal Breeding and Genetics: quantitative and molecular genetics, genomics, genetic evaluation, evolution of domestic animals, and bioinformatics
- Animal Reproduction and Physiology: physiology of reproduction, development, growth, lactation, and exercise; and gamete biology
- Ruminant Nutrition and Forage Utilization: rumen microbiology and function, ruminant nutrition, physiology and metabolism, and forage utilization
- Swine Nutrition and Feed Technology: swine nutrition and physiology; evaluation of feeds, feed additives, and feed processing technology
- Poultry and Laboratory Animal Nutrition: nutrition and physiology of poultry and other non-ruminant animals
- Animal Products: milk and meat science, muscle biology, product composition, food safety, food security, and functional foods
- Animal Biotechnology: molecular nutrition, transgenic animals, identification and manipulation of genes
- Animal Health: immune modulation, infection and immunity, stress responses, vaccines and therapeutics, and animal models
- Animal Behavior and Welfare: social and sexual behavior, adaptation, and animal welfare
- Environment and Management: livestock waste management, livestock and environment, and livestock farming systems